$20/ hour (8-15 hours per week)
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].
- Manage email correspondence with authors, artists, funders, and customers
- Draft responses for JackPine’s Executive Director (E.D.) to review
- Flag correspondence of immediate importance or pressing concern so that it can be addressed in a timely manner
- Support E.D. in administrative tasks as needed
- Take minutes during JackPine board meetings
- Help prepare reports, budgets, etc.
- Manage submissions
- Respond to all submissions acknowledging receipt. If further communication is needed or materials are missing from the submission, follow up as necessary and in consultation with JackPine’s E.D.
- Correspond in such a way that reflects JackPine’s mandate of accessibility, collaboration, and diversity
- Submit review copies to literary magazines and festivals
- Create a calendar of festival submission deadlines
- Generate and update a mailing list of magazines
Schedule B: Budgeting Time
Minimum per week: 8 hours
Maximum per week: 15 hours