JackPine Press is looking for poets, makers, artists, and designers to serve on our board of directors. This board works together to oversee the management of the press and its operations. All of our board members are volunteers.
The board of directors meet regularly (approximately twice a month) with the Executive Director to make decisions about the direction of the press’s operations.
Responsibilities may include:
- overseeing projects and offering assistance, where possible and appropriate, according to each board member’s unique strengths and experiences
- assisting with tasks such as grant applications, promotions, communications, social media, etc.
- planning and hosting book launches
- representing the press at festivals or other relevant events
- providing advice to authors and artists
- collaborating to make existing processes and procedures more efficient
What we are looking for:
- Enthusiasm for hand-made chapbooks, poetry, and art
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Previous experience with writing, publishing, editing, or design would be an asset
We are especially looking for people with experience in communications, content design or basic graphic design, experience with ecommerce, and website maintenance skills. These roles could include event/launch coordination and/or social media communications as well as website upkeep, and Zoom chapbook launch facilitation.
JackPine Press is a non-profit organization invested in decolonization, anti-racism, and anti-hate. We consistently edit for ableist, racist, homophobic, and transphobic language. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, please email us a statement of interest (~300 words) and CV by February 3rd, 2023.
For the interim, all meetings are held virtually. JackPine Press is funded by the SaskArts Board.